February 11, 2017 - Leo - Ruler of Wisdom. Spirit.
The next full moon on Saturday 11 January is in Leo, the lion, which governs the heart meridian. This meridian is considered the seat of spirituality, and the ruler of wisdom and good judgement. The heart also rules clarity of speech. That is why words can touch our heart so deeply, or hurt so deeply. When the heart is strong we radiate especially from the eyes.
Imbalance or blockage symptoms:
- Sadness and sorrow
- Confused thinking
- Emotional ups & downs
- Various speech problems
- Loss of taste
- High blood pressure
- Nervous or Fearful
Things to eat:
All red foods: peppers, watermelon, cherries, red grapes, strawberries, grapefruit, cabbage, & more. Also bitter foods: rucola, red beets, turmeric, chocolate, coffee, green & black tea, basil, Brussel sprout & more
Things to avoid/reduce:
- Too much bitter food is not good.
- Too much thinking.
- Time pressure = heart suffers.
- Wear red and carry red stones (red coral, garnet, rose quartz) over the heart or on the little finger.
- Hold and massage little finger of each hand for 2 minutes.
- Think and say the key phrase “I will.”
Yoga for the Heart:
- Grab your hands behind your back. One arm goes over the shoulder, with the other under and behind the back. Do breath of fire for 3 minutes, then reverse arms and repeat. Hands don’t touch? Hold onto the ends of a small towel or cloth.
- All exercises with the arms at shoulder height or above.