July 20, 2016 - Capricorn - controls the prana
The next full moon on Wednesday, July 20 is the triple warmer/burner. This meridian controls prana and distribution of energy in 3 areas; the chest responsible for breathing, the abdominal cavity controlling digestion, and the pelvic area in charge of elimination and reproduction.
The triple warmer is a fire element. Fire energy goes up, against gravity. This is about moving from the material to the spiritual through purification. Guidance is needed to succeed.
Capricorn also rules the glandular system, the guardians of health and stability in infinite consciousness. Glandular secretions determine the chemistry of the blood, which determines your personality.
- Weak prana
- Low energy
- Excess mucus
- Digestive problems
- Ishnaan (cold shower) daily keeps glands healthy and functioning properly.
- Eat more healthy foods and in more relaxed and quiet environments.
Things to eat:
- Red & bitter foods: red beets, brussels sprouts, radicchio, rucola, rosemary, oregano, basil, paprika, turmeric, grapefruit, watermelon, quinoa, rye, buckwheat. Cherries and red grapes not included due to sweet taste.
- Drink green or black tea, coffee and chocolate in moderation. Best in a moist environment.
Yoga for glands:
Breath meditation series for glandular balance
1. Easy pose, inhale in 16 breaks, and exhale in 16 breaks. Mentally chant ‘sat nam’ on each break. 5-31 minutes. (15 minutes minimum will produce best results)
2. On back, arms straight overhead on ground with palms up, inhale raise both legs 6 inches, exhale down pressing chin into chest. 3 minutes with long deep breaths. Then rest 2 minute.
3. Easy pose, grab elbows in front of chest, inhale sitting straight, exhale bend forward bringing forehead to ground. Continue for 3 minutes with long deep breathing.
Yoga for Triple Burner:
- Back platform with toes pointed, fingers facing back and long deep breathing. 3-5 minutes
- Long Deep Breathing.