April 30, 2018 - Scorpio - kidney - time to uplift
The next full moon on Monday April 30 is the kidney meridian. The kidney energy can be used to soar like an eagle or crawl like the scorpion. To uplift oneself and others is an expression of our creative spirit. Self-gratification and destruction reflects blocked creative energy. Kidneys, a water element, relate to 2nd chakra, the center of creative energy, sexuality, and passion.
Emotionally one may feel: fear, anxiety, confusion, frustration and the need for perfection. Can lead to a vengeful attitude. The kidney energy is responsible for how we age, the quality of our bones, pulling prana from the lungs, our hearing, and our motivation. Kidneys are easily damaged through overdoing life with thrills, stress, drugs and other stimulants.
- Dizziness upon standing
- Sweaty hands & feet
- Bone & ear problems
- Cold in extremities
- Muscle tightness in low & mid back, diaphragm, or upper shoulders
- Urinary or reproduction problems
- Puffy face
Things to eat:
- Drink cucumber juice
- Turmeric, add to meals or make Golden Milk
- Eat black foods: eggplant, beans, seaweed, licorice. Not black coffee
- Eat naturally salty foods: olives, seaweed, ginger, cinnamon
- Hold and massage index finger of each hand for 2 minutes.
- Wear a silk or cotton cummerbund
Yoga for the kidneys:
- Camel pose (begin in celibate pose)
- Baby Pose
- Butterfly pose, exhale head down, inhale up.
- Life nerve stretch
- Chant - Chatr Chakra Varti - (Last 4 lines of Jap Sahib). Increase effect with left hand on right knee, and right hand and index finger up making small circles with finger.